It's Time for Summer Reading!
Visit our Calendar & Events page to see what events we have scheduled.
The mission of the Ingalls Memorial Library is to provide access to information to all members of the community in order to improve their lives intellectually, socially, culturally and vocationally.
Visit our digital library!
The Library is open to the public.
Updated June 17, 2021
In keeping with our Phased Reopening Plan, with guidance from Governor Sununu and state health officials, we are pleased to announce that we will be moving on to Phase 5 of our reopening plan effective Saturday, June 19.
Phase 5 of our plan means that the library will be open to the public.
What does this mean?
- The doors will remain unlocked during normal hours of operation, and the public will have access to the building without appointments.
- Masks will no longer be required for fully vaccinated or asymptomatic visitors. They will remain optional, and we will continue to provide masks at the entrances for anyone who feels like they want one.
- Staff will no longer be required to wear masks.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available for staff and patrons at both entrances/exits and at checkout locations,
- We do ask that patrons respect the personal space of those who are not part of their family/group when at all possible.
- We will continue to sanitize frequently touched surfaces.
- Sneeze guards will remain in place.
- Our photocopier and fax machine are available.
- The bathrooms have been reopened to the public.
- We will continue to wipe down all returned materials prior to making them available for circulation.
- We will begin offering in-person programming. When possible, it will be held outside or at the Meeting House to allow attendees to spread out.
- IF YOU OR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD IS NOT FEELING WELL, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM VISITING THE LIBRARY, AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR ELECTRONIC RESOURCES OR CURBSIDE DELIVERY UNTIL ALL IS WELL.
We will continue to offer contact-free Curbside Delivery, if you would prefer not to enter the building.
Here's how Curbside Delivery works:
Here's how Curbside Delivery works:
- Curbside delivery will be available from on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 to 4:45, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 7:45, and Saturdays from 9:00 to 11:45.
- You can place an "order" for materials by placing a hold in our catalog, https://ingalls.bywatersolutions.com, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 899-3303.
- If you aren't sure how to search the catalog for items, or to place holds on what you would like, view our how-to videos at https://www.ingallslibrary.com/video-tutorials.html.
- If you aren't sure of what you would like to borrow, staff will happily pick some things out for you. Please be prepared to give staff a little direction -- -i.e., "I'd like something similar to David Baldacci" ,"I'd like the next book in the Louise Penny series I'm reading", or "I'd like a few picture books about puppies." If you'd like staff to select your items, please allow at least 1/2 hour for the selections to be made.
- We will have your items on the cart outside at your designated time, all checked out and ready to go. If your schedule changes, please let us know so we can retrieve your items and hold them inside until you can get here.
- When it is raining, we will provide plastic bags to protect our materials. Otherwise, please supply your own bag if you require one.
- If you are returning items when you are picking up your items, you may leave them on the cart, or drop them into the book drops.
Current research indicates that the virus is not spread through surfaces. However, we are continuing to wipe down all materials when they are returned, prior to shelving them. While we are taking every precaution to ensure that our materials are safe to use, we recommend washing your hands prior to and after using library materials, and to avoid touching your face without washing them.